The Season of AP Testing

Peyton Boom, Writer

AP testing is back and is getting the students fired up about sitting in the library for hours taking the tests. Throughout these past two week, there have been Physics, Chemistry, Literature, and Calculus AP tests. Online classes get kicked out of the library while the other students are taking tests. Senior Maddie Spilde stated, “I don’t like how there isn’t a designated quiet area for online students to work when the library is occupied.” These tests challenge your intelligence and make them think. When taking these tests, students have a lot of different ways to study. Senior Brandon Holte stated, “We reviewed in class with the help of the teachers.” Some students go into that test with confidence while some go in there nervous or scared. Senior Austin Glynn stated, “I studied quite a bit. Early in the year, I spent a lot of time making sure I understood the course material well, and as the year went on, I focused on practicing with the test format and questions from past years’ tests.” Glynn took all of the AP tests available, and he anticipates a 5 in Calculus, a 4 in Literature, a 5 in Physics, and a 4 in Chemistry. Not only did the students study with the teachers, but they also look over the notes by themselves to try and get that passing grade on their tests. AP tests are difficult tests, but some of the teachers believe they could pass if they had to take these tests. Math teacher Mr. Johnson stated, “I’ve looked at many past exams, and I do most if not all of the problems and get them right. I’d get a 5 (highest score) pretty easily. Would I ace it? Very few do, but if I had my Wheaties that morning, I would.” After the tests a lot of the classes are either doing some worksheets or are going to watch some movies to finish off the year. AP tests take a lot out of you, but some say it’s worth it if you get that college credit.