In All of its Glorious Galore, “Guardians of the Galaxy” Goes Beyond Expectations

Madi Abarr, Writer

Photo Credit: Marvel.com

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume Two took me by surprise and was out of this world good. This movie was released on May 5, 2017, is rated PG-13, has made 427.6 million dollars in box office sales, and received four out of five stars. As someone who was floored by the first film, I was eager to see how the second film would live up the first. To be honest, I was a bit anxious to see how this movie would play out since the sequel isn’t always as good as the first (supposedly). However, this movie proved wrong and was better than expected while proving to be a bit better than the first. Providing the fun superhero theme that added to it as well as, its humor and touching moments helped prove that this is an amazing movie. The movie is about a team of characters, the Guardians, that travel space together and have to fight to keep their family together. Throughout this bond, they try to find their leader, Star Lord’s (played by Chris Pratt) truth about his untold heritage and help uncover the truth for him. As they battle to find the truth, old and new rivals appear, but also find themselves up against a new rival who is setting out to rule the galaxy. The chemistry among the Guardians stands out as true friendship and Baby Groot was adorable with his looks and personality. If you enjoyed the first volume, you would enjoy this one even better. I would recommend that you watch the first volume before seeing the second in order to have a better understanding. Now, if you aren’t into superhero movies, I wouldn’t recommend this movie to suit your thirst, but you would more than likely be entertained by this movie.