Christmas is Almost Here

Allison Peterson, Writer

Christmas is almost here, and people are getting ready. It’s is adored by many, and junior Mersadez Burnside mentioned, “Christmas is my favorite holiday, it’s a wonderful time of the year that I get to spend with friends and family.” It all depends on the person. It’s a day where friends and family come together and celebrate, but it doesn’t start there. All the way from listening to the music to eating food with your family members, Christmas brings joy. One big question is when can you start celebrating? It’s quite the debate. Some may say you have to start after Thanksgiving, while others like senior Beth Gerner said, “I would celebrate all year long if I could!” Setting up and shopping usually begin soon after Thanksgiving, Holly Inniger mentioned, “Usually Thanksgiving weekend I decorate everything, but I do try and shop all year as things are mentioned that my family wants.” The things Christmas brings to each family carries a lot of spirit and gets people excited; even for the adults, it’s enjoyable. It’s a time of the year where some people are their happiest. But why? Maybe because of the music or just the atmosphere it carries. What makes it so enjoyable? Holly Inniger commented, “I think it’s the presents honestly when kids are younger, but as you get older I think it’s the idea of “giving” for no reason other than you love others.” That being said, there are a variety of reasons for Christmas being a favorite holiday. Burnside also commented, “I like seeing the lights, being with family, and eating food Christmas Day.” Because Christmas is such a happy time, does it become sad afterwards? Beth Gerner said, “I get a little depressed honestly. I just love everything about Christmas time, and it goes by so quickly. Taking down the decorations in my house always makes me sad for a little while.” Christmas comes once a year and seems to bring a great spirit for everyone to enjoy.