Early Black Friday Risers

Brooke Jenison, Writer

Who doesn’t love when there are huge sales going on at somebody’s favorite stores? Thursday, November 23, is when the huge sales started and then continued the next day. Black Friday is the day for everybody that loves to shop. College Sophomore Kadie Williams said, “It’s nice that you can buy so many expensive things for so cheap during Black Friday.” She bought a fifty-inch TV at Walmart for dirt cheap. A staff member a Barnesville High, Holly Inniger stated, “I absolutely HATE HATE HATE Black Friday, but I LOVE the time I get with my sister and mom.” However, even though Inniger doesn’t enjoy it as much as Williams, she still found a way to enjoy her years of shopping on this day.

Senior Nikki McGough expressed, “I leave around 5 p.m. on Thursday night and stay around till four in the morning on Friday. Other years, we have stayed out later than four.” Late nights and early mornings is what most people who participate in Black Friday say about the days. Regarding past years, Inniger said, “When the kids were young and we bought toys, we were up and at it by 4 am – then when they started doing Thanksgiving shopping we would leave at like midnight once the kiddos were in bed and go to places then.” Williams isn’t too crazy into staying out that late, but she usually knows what she wants. She goes to the stores an hour before they open so she can hurry and grab what she wants and leaves.

Since there are so many different sales going on during Black Friday, others who don’t participate in Black Friday may be curious as to what sales the shoppers enjoyed. Williams enjoyed the TV sales, McGough enjoyed the clothing sales, and Inniger enjoyed the movie and puzzle sales that went on. Black Friday has sales on almost anything people can think of. Williams bought her TV at Walmart in Dilworth, McGough bought sale items at Walmart, Target, and the mall, and Inniger went to Target and Scheels where she found awesome deals.

Over the years, Black Friday has been such a huge success for so many people who participate in it. Williams said her favorite part about Black Friday was, “I enjoyed being with Talia Guida and Brooke Jenison.” McGough stated, “I love shopping and also shopping with the people I go with every year.” There are so many good things about Black Friday, and everybody who loves to shop and get things for cheap should participate in Black Friday.