MSUM Dance Team

Hunter Wahl, Writer

This time of the year is very exciting for the senior at Barnesville High School. Graduation is coming up which means the ending of one chapter and the beginning of another. Going off to college and starting their own lives is what all the seniors are itching for, especially for two certain seniors. Recently, on April 14th, 2018 Emma Vold and Brooke Jenison tried out for MSUM’s college dance team. Not only did they try out, but they made it on the team too! For some, it may be quite terrifying to try out for a college sports team, or maybe just a touch decision. Emma Vold said that the day first started with introductions, then a warm up and stretch. They then did across the floor skills and learned routines. Then they had time to work on the routines, and then the dancers who were already on the team would help out. Finally, they performed for the judges and coaches to end the try-outs. Both Vold and Jenison have been dancing since they were in about first grade, so being able to continue in college is exciting for both of them. Jenison said, “I was nervous, but the girls there made me feel very comfortable” Jenison has known for a while that she has wanted to be a part of the MSUM dance team. Vold said, “It’s something I didn’t know I wanted until it happened. I was deciding between four colleges, and once I chose my major and my college, this was a great opportunity for me.” Knowing how passionate they both are for dance, it was interesting to find out their reactions when they found out they made it on. “ I was very excited and happy when I found out that I would get to continue my dance career in college with such an amazing group of girls,” said Vold. Some younger students may be in the same boat as these two when deciding to join a college sport. Jenison’s advice is, “Just go for it. Don’t be scared, there are always other things to do or you can always try out again.” Good luck Brooke and Emma in your awesome future as an MSUM dancer!