Do’s and Don’ts of High School

McKenna Peterson, Writer

There are many things to learn about high school and lots of people out there to help you accomplish your goals, but one must learn from other individual’s mistakes to better one’s life. In this article I am going to talk about all of the things that I wish I received more council for during my time at Barnesville High School. Through out all my years I have been known for my procrastination towards schoolwork and roaming the halls when I become bored. I am the type of person who likes to be out and about making my rounds around the school. This has been a way for me to deal with the workload that school brings on. My piece of advice to you underclassmen is that you should not stress yourself about every test you must take because even if you do poorly, there will always be more coursework to make up for that bad score. No test in high school is worth your mental wellbeing. Having fun throughout high school is one thing that I believe everyone must do. Leading a boring life and not making time to have fun is one thing that I guarantee you will regret after your high school years. Personally, my junior year was the most fun year and I tried my best to make the most of every day. I feel that from my experience that is what you need to do to make your high school experience the best it can be. Back to the procrastination aspect of high school, though you may find time during your school day to get your homework done before class, I do not suggest this because you make your daily life more stressful.  If you choose to procrastinate as bad as I did, you may be stressing out in the final four days of high school career with three tests to make up. Being a knowledge senior who has now made it through twelve years of school allows me to advise you and future underclassmen with advice for your future in high school. If you follow all of the tips I have provided, you will have a great senior year. I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming school year!