• November 8Girls Basketball to start Monday, November 12th!

• November 8Bye Bye Birdie Performances - November 9, 10 and 11! PLAN TO ATTEND!!:)

BHS Cheer Team

Gabby Armstrong, Writer

It’s been an exciting week here at Barnesville High School, for it is Homecoming week. This Friday, the Barnesville Trojans will be playing against the Crookston Pirates. Part of the excitement at the games comes from sitting with your class and cheering on your team. In order to do that, you need a cheerleading team to get the excitement rolling and lead you in cheers. This week I was able to get ahold of Barnesville High School’s cheerleading coach, Randi Trowbridge, to get some interesting insight on the cheerleading team. Randi Trowbridge is well underway coaching her fourth season. She currently coaches a team of eight outstanding athletes.  This year’s cheer captains are two remarkable seniors: four year veteran Jaclyn Keller, and second year veteran Sydney Engel. When I asked her how the season is going she responded, “The season is going well, as with each year, we bring in new cheerleaders. We start from scratch breaking down and learning cheers. I am very fortunate that we have had some amazing veterans who have been extraordinary teachers to these girls.” I was also curious to get her viewpoint on the team’s improvement since last season, she stated,“We have had some talented cheerleaders in the last four years. With each of their individual talents, it’s hard to replace them, and therefore each team is different. So I really can’t compare this year to last year. My favorite thing to see is an improvement in confidence in each cheerleader  that comes through as the year progresses.” I received an inside scoop when I asked if the cheer team has anything in store for us this week, and Randi mentioned we may be seeing some new cheers. Be there this Friday to cheer on our Barnesville Trojans along with this fantastic cheer team.