• November 8Girls Basketball to start Monday, November 12th!

• November 8Bye Bye Birdie Performances - November 9, 10 and 11! PLAN TO ATTEND!!:)

Chase Brenner

Ashton Johnson, Writer

It is finally Homecoming week at Barnesville High, and the student body is excited for this year’s festivities. For my first article in the school paper I thought it would be a fun idea to interview and learn about one of the Homecoming court members. I chose to interview Chase Brenner from the court. Here are some things he had to say when I asked him some questions. My first question for Mr. Brenner was, how excited was he to be elected to be on the court this year? “I was pretty happy to be on the court, but it wasn’t that big of a deal” he said. You can expect to see him at the dance Friday night doing his favorite dance move: “Orange Justice.” For those of you who don’t know, Mr. Brenner plays for the Barnesville Trojans football team, so I decided to ask him for his opinion on how he feels about the game Friday night, and he replied,“Not as hyped for this week compared to next week because it’s essentially the district championship and for the #1 seed in the section which is huge, but still it’s a home game, so it’s fun.” You might even see him chewing down his favorite post game meal consisting of “Subway sandwiches and water.” For those of you who will be in attendance at the game Friday night, you can expect to see Chase playing a lot. When asked what position/s he plays, he said, “Start both ways running back and corner back plus start all special teams.” All of you should know Halloween is approaching, so I thought it would be fun to learn more about Chase’s Halloween preferences. I asked him what his favorite Halloween movie is and what his favorite candy is. He stated, “Halloween Town 1 and 2 are my favorite Halloween movies, and favorite candy is Reese’s Peanut Butter cups or Carmel Milkyway.” Many people know that Chase is dating Nicole Mulcahy. She, like Chase, was also elected on the Homecoming court. When asked how long Chase and Nicole have been together, he said, “It will be 2 years on October 22nd.” Now how romantic is that to be together on the Homecoming court and have your 2 year anniversary close to Halloween? When time was running out, I asked him two more quick questions. Since Chase is a senior I asked him if he plans on going to college or not, and he said, “Yes, MState Moorhead.” The final question I asked him was if he will be playing muscle volleyball this year. “Yes, I think so, I tweaked my ankle a little bit so not sure yet.” I hope everyone reading this enjoyed it and learned more about court member Chase Brenner.