• November 8Girls Basketball to start Monday, November 12th!

• November 8Bye Bye Birdie Performances - November 9, 10 and 11! PLAN TO ATTEND!!:)

Volleyball 2018

Jonah LeNoue, Writer

So far this season the Lady Trojans Volleyball team has been playing very good. Coming into this Homecoming week our girls are 16-6 for the year and are 3-0 in the HOL conference.  They have had some big wins this season, and the most notable win was defeating the number 4 team in the state who was New Life Christian Academy. They also won their home tournament.  When asked about the team’s goal for the year, Coach Megan Askegaard says that they hope to win the HOL conference and advance to the state tournament. I think the goal for all sports is to make it down to the state tournament, and our school has a very good opportunity to have both volleyball and football make the state tournament.  That would be something that has never happened in school history, and it would be a year to remember for everyone who was a part of it. She also thinks that this year’s team compared to past year’s is more athletic, quicker, and plays good defense. The one thing that this year’s girls don’t have is the size. They are a little smaller than past teams, but they are playing to the best of their abilities and are doing a very gold job. This year Senior Elora Passa has been the big break out player.  She just recently hit the 1,000 assist mark, something that has not happened in awhile, and is also something that not very many people have done. Elora started playing from a young age and wasn’t always a setter. She has been moved around to different positions. This proves that no matter where you play her, she will accelerate to the top quickly. Elora plans on playing volleyball after high school, but has not decided where she wants to play. Senior Claire Meyer is also considering playing at the collegiate level, but is still undecided at the moment.  The Lady Trojans will be playing DGF on Thursday the 4th where they hope to secure another W in the win column. I think that our volleyball team needs the support of everyone to help propel us into the state tournament. During this week of Homecoming, I encourage all students to make this week about our volleyball players and not just the football players. I think we need to have a home game over this week where everyone hypes it up like the football game. Make sure to get out and support all of our Trojan athletes!