Erin Ellingson’s Teaching Career

Back to Article
Back to Article

Erin Ellingson’s Teaching Career

Owen Lewis, Writer

Erin Ellingson, also known to some as the “curly haired lady that works in the library,” is a Special Education teacher at Barnesville High School. She has been working at Barnesville High for three years now, but many people do not know much about her. She grew up in Ada, Minnesota, and currently lives near Rollag, Minnesota, on Lake Fifteen. She has been married to her husband Chris, the Hawley Elementary principal, for ten years now. She also has four daughters: Riley, Audrey, Kinzey, and Landrey. Mrs. Ellingson has been teaching for a total of 10 years now. She first started out her career teaching first grade in Wickenburg, Arizona. After two years in Arizona, she moved back north to be closer to family and had her second daughter, Audrey. Mrs. Ellingson then got a job teaching preschool in Ulen, Minnesota for one year before starting her career in Special Education. Her first job as a Special Education teacher was at Norman County East where she taught at the elementary school in Gary, Minnesota. For her first two years, she split her time between the elementary school and the high school in Twin Valley, Minnesota. After her three years at Norman County East, Mrs. Ellingson went back to work in Ulen, Minnesota, for one year at the high school to teach Special Education. After her year in Ulen, she decided to take the job as a special education teacher in Barnesville. This past summer she also started doing the driver’s education training in Barnesville. Mrs. Ellingson really enjoys working in Barnesville. When asked about her favorite part of her job, she said, “Getting to see the different personalities in the students.” Mrs. Ellingson cares for all of her students and is an excellent teacher. Now that you know more about Mrs. Ellingson, don’t be afraid to stop in to her office and say “hi” to her. She is very friendly and would love to get to know more of the students at Barnesville High.