One Act Gets Ready to Hit the Stage

Back to Article
Back to Article

One Act Gets Ready to Hit the Stage

Gabby Armstrong, Editor

Now that the fall musical is done, the BHS theatre department is preparing for the One Act season! One Act is a competitive theatre competition where casts perform a  maximum 35 minute play. This year, the theatre department will be presenting Tick Talk- a show about communication. Some characters feel like they have a lot to say, but aren’t quite sure how to say it. This production is going to be different compared to most. The thing that makes this production unique, is most of the cast has only has one line. Senior Elizabeth Bredman said, “Usually the most challenging part of any show is learning lines and blocking, but everyone has one line, for the most part. This year, however, we are performing a full on drama. This will be especially difficult for us because we’ve never done anything like this before. The most challenging part, for me, is going to be getting my character’s message across by only saying one word: fine. I really need to get into the right mindset for this character, and it’s hard to find that mindset. Fine and I aren’t that much different, and I think acting like yourself is harder than acting like someone else.” Come watch the BHS theatre department shine at the One Act subsection competition at Hawley High School on January 26th!