First Last FFA Contest for Some

Back to Article
Back to Article

First Last FFA Contest for Some

Tessa Herman, Writer

The FFA contest season started in full swing on December 7th in Crookston, Minnesota, at the college campus. Many contests were put on throughout the day. Barnesville High teams competed in contests such as, General Livestock Judging, Ag Mechanics, Wildlife, Dairy Judging, and Horse Judging. All the contests results aren’t in yet, but it has been established Kya Anderson placed 2nd in the general livestock judging contest. It was a first of many lasts for senior Jaycie George. This dedicated senior has participated in FFA for five years and has competed in the small animal contest every year but this year. George was also an FFA member who attended the National FFA Convention last year in Indianapolis. She says this is her favorite memory from FFA. “I’m going to miss the fun days out of school, and the people,” stated George. George’s best advice to the underclassmen is to “Fundraise a lot  so that you can participate and attend fun events. Study a lot if you want to do well, and move on to state. Make a lot of new friends, and talk to new people. Never be afraid to try new things.” George is currently serving as the FFA Vice-President, and will be missed greatly next year. George is planning on going to MSUM or UND, but she is also thinking about attending MState to obtain her generals. Everyone from the Barnesville FFA wishes her the best of luck in her next chapter of life.