Jackson Ernst’s Senior Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jackson Ernst’s Senior Year

Braden Berggren, Writer

Jackson Ernst, a senior at Barnesville High School, is quickly finishing out his last year  in Barnesville. Ernst said, “Senior year is going better than I thought. It is going super fast and I’m not sure if I am prepared to leave all of my friend and start the new year.” Most seniors here can say the same, as they all are having fun the last year of their high school life. Ernst participates in Barnesville’s golf team during the spring. He has been on the team since ninth grade and enjoys being on the team because of the competitiveness, and just because he has fun playing. Ernst plans on either going to Saint Cloud State University or NDSU. He says both schools offer good programs; he just needs to see which one he is more comfortable with. Wherever Ernst attends next fall, he would like to go for physical education or exercise science and play on a men’s volleyball team. He has hope to play on a regional or national team. If his first two majors don’t work out, he will major in business and find a job in a company or corporation. He is excited to be out of high school, but as Ernst said,  “I will miss my friends and the relationships I have made with the teachers. It will be different to try and make all new friends and see how college classes and life really work.”