Decorating for Christmas!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Decorating for Christmas!

Caroline Redding, Editor

One debate of Christmasy things is whether the best decoration can be found. Some would fight for the lights on houses and others would fight in honor of their Christmas tree. A small consensus from each grade was taken andsome staff. The options being: Christmas lights, tree, ornaments, lawn decor, or other. The ‘Other’ was then filled in on what their other option was.

The first consensus was the 6th-grade and junior high. Mr. Schindler’s 6th-grade classroom volunteered and 18 students were questioned. 33% were in favor of Christmas lights, 27% ornaments, 17% for both lawn decor and other. The other options were cookies, indoor decorations, and the presents! 7th-grade only had seven participants. 86% loved the Christmas lights and 14% loved lawn decor. 8th-grade had 6 participants. 50% went for the lights, 33% for the tree, and 17% for lawn decor. 9th-grade also had only seven participants. 86% once again was for the Christmas lights and 14% for the tree. The total junior high and 6th-grade consensus was: 55% for the Christmas lights, 11% was for the tree, 13% for both ornaments and lawn decor, and 8% for other.

Now for the senior high results! Sophomores had 16 participants. 63% were for the lights, 25% were for the tree, and 6% were for both lawn decor and other. The other option was said to be none. Juniors had 12 participants. 67% voted for lights, 25% for the tree, and 8% for other (being garland). Seniors had 25 participants. 28% in favor of lights, 36% were for the tree, and 12% for ornaments, lawn decor, and other. The other options were a small glass tree and little moose figures. The total for the senior high poll was: 47% lights, 30% tree, 6% ornaments, 8% lawn decor, and 9% for other. Staff had only 10 participants. The vote was 40% lights and 30% for both the tree and ornaments.

The total asked students were 91 participants! The grand totals of this poll are 55% for lights, 25% for the tree, 12% for ornaments, 10% for lawn decor, and 9% for other. What’s your favorite Christmas decoration?