Senior Alexus Abel

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Alexus Abel

Owen Lewis, Writer

Alexus Abel is a senior at Barnesville High, but she spends most of her time at Minnesota State University – Moorhead doing PSEO. She is focusing on getting as many free college credits as she can while at MSUM. Some may think that doing PSEO means never being at your high school, but Abel said, “To stay involved at Barnesville High School I attend home games, keep in touch with Mr. Gylland, and keep in contact with my close high school friends.” Abel enjoys doing PSEO, but there are some challenges that can go along with it, including travel issues and difficult classes. Her advice is “to take basic generals your first semester of on-campus PSEO” and that “classes become easier with time.” Abel plans to attend Georgia Southern University in Stewart, Georgia next fall to continue her undergraduate studies. After she graduates from GSU she plans to come back to the Midwest and pursue her graduate degree at the University of North Dakota. Abel plan to major in biological sciences with an emphasis on pre-med with a minor in psychology and hopes to become a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. When asked why she wants one of those jobs, Abel said, “I have always found medicine intriguing as well as beauty.” Her message to her fellow BHS class of 2019 is, “We’ve been waiting so long for this and now it’s finally in sight!”