Valentine’s Day around BHS

Mersadez Burnside, Weriter

This year for Valentine’s day the Bards and Harmonettes and Student Council are doing some things to raise money. Bards and Harmonettes are doing singing valentines. They are singing multiple songs: “My Girl,” “My Guy,” “Count on Me,” “I’m Yours,” “Just The Way You Are,” “True Colors,” “Thinking Out Loud,” “Lean on Me,” “Wagon Wheel,” and “Don’t Stop Believing.” Senior, Gabby Armstrong said, “it gets to be a long day because we have to sing all day and we have to sing the same songs over and over again.” On the other side of the school, Student Council is selling a crush for a crush. In the years past, student council has done Matchematics, but they aren’t this year. Student Council member Emily Spilde said, “we switched from Matchematics to crush because they had to be in by January and we just wanted to switch it up.” Claire Meyer, also a student council member said, “Crush will definately be more popular because it will switch things up a bit and it’s something new for people.” Senior Natalie Votava thinks that the crush pop won’t be as popular as the Matchematics. If you’d like to support your local Bards and Harmonettes or Student council, purchase a crush and/or a singing valentine.